That's why I love these ultra-dark salty treats. If you do not know how to make truffles, it's the recipe for you. They are easy, with only a handful of ingredients and no cooking required. (Okay, a little microwave, but that does not really matter.) So when a chocolate emergency hits, you can quickly and easily whip them to satisfy your thirst.
The only tricky part is actually shaping the truffles. It can become very messy when the cold chocolate mixture comes into contact with your hands. You will want to keep plenty of paper towels nearby unless you want to leave chocolate prints wherever you go.
Related: Is a deep fryer really better for you than a deep fryer?
As a bonus, each truffle has only two grams of sugar, four grams of carbohydrates and 73 calories. So you can feast on a super-rich treat without having to sacrifice your healthy eating goals.
Watch the video above for how to proceed and consult the instructions below:
- Combines 4 oz. Chopped dark chocolate, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. box and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium bowl going to the microwave. Microwave at 15-second intervals, stirring between the two, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until it is firm.
- Place the fillings in individual, shallow bowls (such as grated coconut, nuggets and cocoa powder)
- your palms to form a ball. Drop the ball into the bowl of coconut and roll until it is fully coated. Place on a cutting board or parchment paper and repeat with the rest of the mixture
- Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.