Fortunately, you do not have to be a food blogger to make it happen. It's actually quite simple if you follow this easy fruit smoothie recipe. It even has three different variations to give you a rainbow of colors to choose from.
RELATED: 9 things you do not need to add to your smoothies
Bonus: There is no added sugar in this recipe, and every serving is packed with 12 grams of fiber and six grams of protein. Talk about a win-win situation.
1. Make your smoothie base: Combine 1/4 cup of chia seeds with 1 cup of almond milk, and soak for 20 minutes. In a blender, mix with 1 cup of almond milk and 1 banana.
2. Then choose one of the following blends and add to the smoothie base:
- Pink Smoothie : 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- Blue / Green Smoothie : 1 cup of pineapple minced and 1 teaspoon spirulina blue powder
- Purple smoothie : 1 cup blueberries.
3. Mix until smooth.
4. Fill a mason jar or a large glass filled to the third. Nestle some fruit sliced against the glass, pressing firmly to adhere. (We used sliced strawberries and pineapples, you can also try sliced kiwi). Fill with the remaining smoothie.
MADE 2 PORTIONS Per serving: 247 cal, 10 g fat (3 g sat), 38 g carbohydrate, 16 g sugar, 185 mg sodium, 12 g fiber, 6 g protein.