Sometimes it is also nice to have a more difficult digestive aid, especially if you are going to try new foods during your travels. For that, I always like to recommend a digestive enzyme. A good digestive enzyme contains several different enzymes to break down all the components of your meal (proteases for proteins, lipases for fats and amylases for carbohydrates). Taking 1-2 capsules at a time before and after meals can help stop any strange digestive stuff even before it starts. When our gut is healthy, we produce a lot of these enzymes by ourselves, but sometimes we need a little more help to break down particularly rich foods or foods to which our digestive system does not. Is not used to it. – Dr. Jennah Miller, Toronto Naturopathic Physician
2. Never leave the house without ginger tea.
"When traveling by plane, drink a lot of ginger tea, bring your own ginger tea bags and ask the flight attendants for hot water, drink as much ginger tea as you can. Why Ginger eliminates stagnation in the body, keeps you hydrated, stimulates your circulation, minimizes swelling of the feet and legs, and keeps things moving in the body (with these 7 other health benefits). When you arrive, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and eat smaller portions in the first week if you are lagging behind.When you have a relaxing time, lie on your back and grab your knees compressing your belly to keep your intestines awake and moving. "- Katie Hess, Flower Alchemist, author of Flowerevelution and Founder of Lotus Wei
Try this yoga pose to relieve the pain of 39; stomach:
3. Take magnesium and a hot shower.
"Magnesium citrate is my favorite powder to have with me when I travel.I take a dose of magnesium citrate before I go on vacation.This form of magnesium is easily absorbed by the bloodstream, which causes a quick effect.Magnesium relaxes the central nervous system, promoting both muscle relaxation and digestion.Bloat be gone! (Here's how to make sure you have enough magnesium in your diet.) Take a hot shower 20 minutes before leaving and immediately once arrived allows our body to reset itself as well.Heat shock proteins (HSP) are released on the heat stimulus.These babies are the protectors of our body against stress inducing events If you want to give a boost, add some citrus essential oils to stimulate relaxation and digestion. "- Mona Dan, acupuncturist, herbalist and founder of Life Healing
4. "We do not always have the time or funds for a professional massage on the go, but this self-massage technique releases stress along important acupressure points along the spine. vertebral and helps to move blocked energy that can cause constipation. Put two balls the size of a squash in a sock and tie a knot in the end to keep them in place. You need the balls to be tight to work properly. Place the balls on each side of the spine and slowly along your spine take deep breaths along the way. I often use a pillow to support my head and lay on a yoga mat or on the floor (a firm surface works better). Another useful pressure point for constipation is called Large Intestine 4 located between the thumb and the first finger. Stimulate with the thumb and the finger of your other hand; enter with constant and calm pressure and hold for a few minutes. "- Susanna Green, massage therapist based in New York.
5. Tame your vata and tame your toilet time
" In Ayurveda, vata is the most powerful dosha because it relates to the regulating systems of the body, and so when it is unbalanced, chaos reigns. Behaviors that disrupt normal rhythms increase the vata, and once the vata is increased, it is difficult to re-regulate. So, the treatment is always to resume a regular routine as quickly as possible, and when traveling, take your diet lightly. Many people eat boredom while traveling, but it's better to eat very little. I also recommend Hingvastak churna, a digestive aid that reduces Vata and that combines spicy herbs like dried ginger, ajamoda and black pepper to enhance and enhance your digestive ability. Mix ¼-½ teaspoon of powder with water (it smells a little like farts, so swallow it quickly) or simply mix it in your food. – Todd Caldecott, Ayurvedic Herbalist and Practitioner in Vancouver
6. Pack the plane food to boost digestion.
"The plane trip can be incredibly desiccating, which contributes to constipation.I bring my own big reusable water bottle and ask the flight attendant to fill it out. Whenever they pass by the drinks cart, I also prepare a healthy meal for the flight, which, I know, will not upset my digestive system, which will minimize food causing meteorism (ie broccoli, kale, beans.) The meal is usually a bowl of rice with protein, a grain (here are the 11 healthiest whole grains you should eat) and roasted vegetables, seasoned with rice. olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper container I do not mind throwing in the trash at the airport.In addition to giving a break to my digestive system, these healthy travel tips save me money too! "- Allison Day, int nutritionist Gratifying and authoring cookbooks Whole Bowls
The article 6 ways to avoid being constipated when traveling appeared originally on Rodale's organic life .